Basement Waterproofing Experts in Texas Panhandle
Foundation waterproofing enhances property value while improving indoor air quality and building longevity
For a homeowner or property owner, a wet basement is one of worst problems to have. When water can come into the basement on a regular basis, it can be a major headache to clean up and can also cause damage to your home, possessions, and even your health.
Whether you live in Amarillo, Lubbock, or anywhere in Texas Panhandle, our basement waterproofing experts will show you how we can customize your waterproofing solution to keep your basement dry all the time. For a free, no-obligation waterproofing quote, contact us today!
Trusted waterproofing services in Texas Panhandle
Eliminating moisture helps control mold, gets rid of musty odors, and preserves your home. Whether you need storage space or an additional living area, basement waterproofing is essential.
If your basement is susceptible to water leaks or flooding, the space can quickly become unusable. Any items that are resting on the basement floor need to be moved up and out of the way to avoid direct contact with standing water. Standing water can damage HVAC equipment located in the basement and make a washing machine and dryer unsafe to operate.
Water in the basement also creates ideal conditions for mold to grow on wood, paper, cloth, and other surfaces. Eventually, mold will destroy most "host" materials, and it can cause wood framing to rot and lose its structural value. Because it spreads by means of airborne spores, mold can also become a serious indoor air pollutant, adversely affecting the health of family members.
Fortunately, none of the above-mentioned problems need to happen if you contact an experienced foundation waterproofing contractor in Texas as soon as a basement water problem is discovered.
Our basement waterproofing solutions include:
- Exterior water control. We can apply a Sentry Seal membrane to prevent water from ever entering your basement, split level, sunken living room, or any other below-ground living space. This process involves excavating down to the base of the foundation in order to seal off founation cracks from the outside. While we have the area excavated, we can also apply SilverGlo rigid foam insulation on top of the Sentry Seal.
- Foundation repair. A foundation that is badly cracked, or has settled or shifted, is certain to be susceptible to water problems. A full-service foundation repair contractor like Legacy Supportworks has the training, technical support, and specialized products to make structural repairs to damaged foundations while also providing complete waterproofing services. Instead of hiring separate contractors for foundation repair and waterproofing, it's more cost-effective and convenient to let a single qualified contractor do all the work!
- Interior drainage system. The most effective waterproofing technique for existing basements is to have a perimeter drain installed where the foundation walls meet the floor. This drainage system collects water that wants to leak into the basement because of hydrostatic pressure and directs it to a sump pit where it can be pumped out away from the house.
- Interior sump pump. A sump pump is designed to pump water out and away from the house after the water has been collected by a drainage system and brought to a sump pit located inside the foundation. The pump turns on automatically when the water in the sump pit reaches a preset level. Better-quality sump pumps have battery backup power so that they can continue working even when electricity from the electric utility isn't available.
- Dehumidification. Because masonry naturally absorbs and releases water, a basement is likely to have high humidity levels – even when it has been properly waterproofed. An effective way to remove this excess humidity is to have a dehumidifier installed in the basement. To avoid the hassle of manually emptying the dehumidifier's reservoir when it fills up, a basement dehumidifier can drain into an existing perimeter drain or sump pit.
Contact us for a free estimate in Amarillo, Lubbock, Pampa
Our crews of waterproofers are experienced, well-trained professionals that work in basements and crawl spaces every day. They've seen it all, and they know just what needs to be done to keep your basement dry all the time!
If you live in Pampa, Lubbock, Amarillo, or nearby, we're the contractors for you! We offer free basement waterproofing quotes to homeowners within our service area in Texas.